Nimish Kadakia, MD
Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Subspecialty Certification Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Nimish Kadakia, MD is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the care of sports injuries. He is also dedicated to the care of traumatic injuries and fractures. His surgical practice emcompasses a wide scope of orthopedic care and includes surgeries of the hip, knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow. Dr. Kadakia takes pride in pursuing contemporary minimally invasive techniques whenever feasible.
Dr. Kadakia has practiced in Orange County since 2001. He is happily married and has 2 beautiful children. He is also an avid triathlete and cyclist, recently completing the Los Angeles Triathlon and the Solvang Century. It is this passion for athletics that allows him to feel compassion for an athlete with an orthopedic injury, and understand the desire to return to that active lifestyle.
In addition to work and family, Dr. Kadakia is actively involved in charitable work. He has been instrumental in the founding of Hope Endowment, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives and education of orphan children in India. The project in currently breaking ground on the building of a school and dormitory to care for nearly 200 children.
Dr. Kadakia is happily married, has two children, and lives in Orange County. He has been with Irvine Orthopedic Associates since 2001. He enjoys outdoor activities and is an active triathlete and cyclist.
|2002-Pres||Irvine Orthopaedic Associates – Irvine, California
General Orthopaedics with a focus on Sports Medicine
|2001-2002||Minneapolis Sports Medicine Center – Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sports Medicine Fellowship
|1996-2001||Baylor College of Medicine – Houston, Texas
Orthopedic Surgery Residency
|1995-1996||Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center – Chicago, Illinois
General Surgery Internship
|1991-1995||University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA)
Doctor of Medicine. – May, 1995
|1987-1991||University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
B.S. Kinesiology – August, 1991
B.S. Psychology – August, 1991
- Subspecialty Certification Orthopaedic Sports Medicine – ABOS 2009
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Diplomate – Sept 2005
- State of California Medical License – June 2002 (A79590)
- United States Medical License Examination – May, 1997
Honors and Awards
|January 2011||Orange Coast Magazine – OC TOP DOC – Orthopaedic Surgery|
|June 1997||Paul Harrington Award, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Orthopedic Research|
|May 1997||Resident Research Award: Texas Orthopeadic Association|
|1994-1995||Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA)|
|1991-1995||Dean’s Scholarship, University of Texas Health Science Center|
Athletic Team Coverage
|2008 – Pres||Team Physician – Beckman High School, Tustin, CA|
|2005-2010||Team Physician – Woodbridge High School, Irvine, CA|
|2002-2005||Team Physician – El Toro High School, El Toro, CA|
|2001-2002||2001-2002 Associate Team Physician – Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA)|
|2001-2001||2001-2001 Associate Team Physician – Minnesota Twins (MLB)|
|2001-2002||Associate Team Physician – Minnesota Wild (NHL)|
|2001-2002||Associate Team Physician – Augsberg College (NCAA Division III)|
- Edwards, TB, Kadakia, NR, Boulahia A, Kemph JF, Boileau P, Nemoz C, Walch G.: A comparison of hemiarthroplasty and total shoulder arthroplasty in the treatment of primary glenohumeral osteoarthritis: results of a multicenter study. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2003 May-Jun;12(3):207-13.
- Kadakia NR, Ilahi OA.: “Interobserver Variability of the Insall-Salvati Ratio”: Orthopedics. 2003 Mar;26(3):321-3; discussion 323-4.
- Scifert CF, Noble PC, Brown TD, Bartz RL, Kadakia N, Sugano N, Johnston RC, Pedersen DR, Callaghan JJ.: Experimental and computational simituation of total hip arthroplasty dislocation. Orthop Clin North Am 2001 Oct;32(4):553-67.
- Ilahi OA, Kadakia NR, Huo M.: “Inter- and Intraobserver variability of radiographic measurements of knee alignment.”: Am J Knee Surg 2001 Autumn;14(4):238-42.
- Bartz RL, Kadakia NR, Noble PC, Tullos HS.: “The Effect of Femoral Component Head Size on Posterior Dislocation of the Artificial Hip Joint.”J. Bone and Joint Surg., 82-A, Sept, 2000.
- Kadakia NR, Noble PC, Sugano N, Paravic V,.: “Posterior Dislocation of the Artificial Hip Joint: The Effect of Cup Anteversion. Orthop Trans., 22:905-906, 1998-1999.
- Sahni IK, Noble PC, Bartz R, Alexander, Paravic V, Kadakia, NR.: Should Acetabular Cups be Inplanted in a Fixed Degree of Anteversion: Orthop Trans., 22:905-906, 1998-1999.
- Bartz RL, Noble PC, Paravic V, Kadakia NR, Patel JN, Sahni IK: The Effect of Head Size on Posterior Dislocation of the Artificial Hip Joint. Orthop Trans., 22:905-906, 1998-1999.
- Sahni IK, Noble PC, Bartz RL, Alexander JW, Paravic V, Kadakia NR.: Biomechanical Mechanisms of Posterior Hip Dislocation in Total Hip Replacement.: Orthop Trans., 22:905-906, 1998-1999.
- Kadakia NR, Ilahi OA.: “Interobserver Variability of Clinical and Radiographic Measures of Knee Alignment.”: Presented at the 19th Mid-America Orthopedic Society Meeting, Amelia Island, FL and the 2001 Texas Orthopedic Association Meeting.
- Kadakia NR, Noble PC, Sugano N, Paravic V, Tullos HS.: “Posterior Dislocation of the Artificial Hip Joint: The Effect of Acetabular Anteversion” Presented at the 7th Annual American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons Meeting and the 1998 Orthopedic Research Society Meeting.
- Roberts EB, Noble PC, Kadakia NR, Carlyle TA, Tullos HS.: “Communication between the Joint Capsule and Osteolytic Lesions in Cemented Total Hip Replacements.”: Presented at the 64th annual American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) Meeting.
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Hoag Orthopedic Institute
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center
- Hoag Hospital Irvine
- Triathalons, Cycling, Skiing, Basketball, Football, Traveling
- Dr. Kadakia: Physician of Excellence Orange County 2013
- Dr Kadakia was named: Top Doc of Orange County 2014
- Dr. Kadakia: Receives subspecialty certification in orthopedic sports medicine.